Insert Sub site Blog in main site page. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have trying to insert my blog post page in root site, But I am unable to achieve this. Can any one helps me.

Root site: https://www.mysite.com/site/koti

Blog site: https://www.mysite.com/site/kot/Blog

I want to insert posts from blog in Koti site also. (Not full page just the post view(Summary view))) 

Can some one helps on this?

Regards

Koti

Friday, April 10, 2015 3:28 PM

Answers

• you can customize (or create a new one) xslt template to use on CQWP. The xslt templates are located on the root web of the site collection. Open the SPDesigner -> All files -> Style library -> XSL Style Sheets -> Item Style.xsl

But, the easiest and quickest way to do that is to export you blog post summary view webpart, from your sub site, and then import it to your main site. you only need to define the web id manually on the webpart file.

• open the blog post view you want to export
    • edit the page, select the webpart, and export it
    • open the exported file with notepad, and change the attribute WebId (that should be somthing like 00000000-0000...). Change it to your blog webId (you can find the ID trough powershell).
    • Save the file, and import that webpart to other site (this will only work on websites on the same site collection) 
    Monday, April 20, 2015 1:49 PM

All replies

• You can add a content Query webpart in your root site page, that show the content of Posts list on Blog site.

You then need to customize the xslt used to show the content on the webpart, in order to have the same layout as in Blog site.

• Proposed as answer by Ibrahim K Friday, April 10, 2015 5:37 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2015 4:29 PM
  • HI Thanks for your reply.

I have tried using Content query webpart.

Can you help me regarding Customiza the aXslt or provide any reference that how can make CQWP looks as my blog posts summary view.

Thanks

Koti

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:41 AM
  • you can customize (or create a new one) xslt template to use on CQWP. The xslt templates are located on the root web of the site collection. Open the SPDesigner -> All files -> Style library -> XSL Style Sheets -> Item Style.xsl

But, the easiest and quickest way to do that is to export you blog post summary view webpart, from your sub site, and then import it to your main site. you only need to define the web id manually on the webpart file.

• open the blog post view you want to export
    • edit the page, select the webpart, and export it
    • open the exported file with notepad, and change the attribute WebId (that should be somthing like 00000000-0000...). Change it to your blog webId (you can find the ID trough powershell).
    • Save the file, and import that webpart to other site (this will only work on websites on the same site collection) 
    Monday, April 20, 2015 1:49 PM