none
Configuring timesheets for new-to-the-system resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a way to define when timesheets start for resources who are new to the company?

Example - A new user started on 8/11/14, however when the supervisor goes to look at unsubmitted timesheets (Approval Center, History, Timesheets, "My Resources unsubmitted Timesheets") the timesheets populate all the way back to the beginning of last fiscal year. If you delegate as the resouce, you can go in and see that the timesheets are available to create, if you create the timesheet from the past, you can delete it, but then it gives you the option to create the timesheet again.

Any ideas on how to limit this?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:30 PM

All replies

• udn3939 --

No, there is no way to define when timesheets start for a new user.  The way to limit this is to close timesheet reporting periods after a reasonable amount of time has passed.  This prevents people from going back and tampering with previously submitted timesheets, and eliminates much of the problem that you are seeing.  From my own experience, I believe that most companies close timesheets between 2 weeks and a month after the end of a timesheet period.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:51 PM