Vista Ultimate x64 from Technet - Does it not include Dreamscenes? RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded Ultimate x64 (SP1) and someone told me about the Dreamscene Ultimate Extra. However, when I go to "Windows Update" and click on "Ultimate Extras" it doesn't ever give me the option to download Dreamscenes or the Dreamscene extra. Does the Technet version not include that, or does someone know of another way to install it?

I've even checked "Turn Windows functions on & off" and the "Windows Ultimate Extras" folder is there, and it's checked, but I don't see Dreamscenes or anything...

Thank you!
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Monday, December 29, 2008 3:12 PM Off Topic (Moved from MSDN Site Feedback to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Monday, June 2, 2008 3:27 PM

Answers

• lol this is the 18th post online i have seen with people asking for help with this.
    NO ONE CAN ANSWER IT, FK Vista

Actually this is a very silly problem.

Microsoft, for some reason have left some of the buggier RTM versions available to download by technet subscribers.

What people who get this error have done is downloaded the wrong version. Go back to the technet site you got your iso from and choose a release version (they have the word dvd in the name).

• Proposed as answer by PC Doctor Seaton Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Friday, June 1, 2012 5:39 AM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:47 AM

All replies

• Just last week I did a clean install of Vista Ultimate w/ SP (x64) from Technet and the Dreamscene stuff showed up under Windows Update immediately with no problem.  From the Start button, type Personalization in the Search bar.  Under the Desktop Background link, do you see a Windows Dreamscene Content entry under the Location drop-down list?

Dave Lessnau
    Monday, June 2, 2008 9:42 PM
  • No, I do not see any Dreamscenes anywhere. I have searched my computer and nothing is found relating to dreamscenes. Do you know of another way to install them instead of Windows Updates?
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 3:00 AM
  • Did you press the check for updates button/link to check all updates for Ultimate x64?
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 6:58 PM
  • Yes.
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:32 AM
  • You might want to try the Vista x64 forum at http://www.vistax64.com/vista-news/149348-new-windows-vista-ultimate-extras.html as well.
    Julie Cairn (MSFT)
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:55 PM
  • I've been using vistax64.com before I was using this site. Lot of good people there.

I get this error after "Turn Windows Features On or Off":

Expression:
    (pe->_fBit.bSpecKeyFocused && (pe == peLost))
    Incorrect keyboard focus state

File: "d:\rtm\windows\advcore\duser\directui\engine\core\element.cpp"
    Line: 2824

Anybody know what this means?

Saturday, June 14, 2008 4:19 AM
  •  This thread is off topic for this forum, which is for MSDN Site feedback, including Subscriptions and Library.  If you're not sure where to post, please try the Where is the forum for..? forum.

Thanks,
    Mike
    MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Monday, December 29, 2008 3:12 PM
  • lol this is the 18th post online i have seen with people asking for help with this.
    NO ONE CAN ANSWER IT, FK Vista

Actually this is a very silly problem.

Microsoft, for some reason have left some of the buggier RTM versions available to download by technet subscribers.

What people who get this error have done is downloaded the wrong version. Go back to the technet site you got your iso from and choose a release version (they have the word dvd in the name).

• Proposed as answer by PC Doctor Seaton Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Friday, June 1, 2012 5:39 AM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:47 AM