none
Wired DNS problem, need help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I met a wired problem, I think it is about DNS.

The windows server 2012 R2 runs as a application server. Printer scanner will scan paper file into a folder on the  app server.

Printer scanner can not scan file in since this Monday, error messenger is save file failed due to login fail.

Problem will be fixed for few hours after I restart DNS client on app-server. It's pretty annoying.

Please help me why it happened? How do you fix it?

Thanks,

Ant

Friday, January 22, 2016 3:38 AM

Answers

• In addition, you may need to check if the run as a service permission is getting overwritten by a GPO. You can use rsop.msc to check that.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

• Proposed as answer by Hello_2018 Monday, February 15, 2016 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:34 AM
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 11:41 PM
  • You have not provided important information on what you had done before you have observed this phenomenon. Any configuration, application installation (as well as updates),etc

Make sure that you have enough place on target storage.

Print out errors and warnings from Event viewer and publish your findings here including details.

Consult with support of application vendor or developer if this is internal software.

M.

Sunday, January 24, 2016 11:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Ant,

Thanks for your posting on the TechNet forum.

>>Printer scanner can not scan file in since this Monday, error messenger is save file failed due to login fail.

>>Problem will be fixed for few hours after I restart DNS client on app-server.

I have deployed a environment on my server 2012r2 and test.

For your issue, I suggest you take a loot at the figure below, ensue that the current login account works well.

For more information about network service account, refer to link below:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684272%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

• Edited by Hello_2018 Friday, January 22, 2016 6:12 AM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 6:11 AM
  • In addition, you may need to check if the run as a service permission is getting overwritten by a GPO. You can use rsop.msc to check that.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Sunday, January 24, 2016 11:41 PM
  • You have not provided important information on what you had done before you have observed this phenomenon. Any configuration, application installation (as well as updates),etc

Make sure that you have enough place on target storage.

Print out errors and warnings from Event viewer and publish your findings here including details.

Consult with support of application vendor or developer if this is internal software.

M.

Sunday, January 24, 2016 11:51 PM
  • Hi everyone,

Andy, same as figure you post.

When problem happened, the user permission showed user names as S-1-5-21-......

user name came back normal after I restarted DNS client.

Thanks,

Ant

Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:43 PM