none
Project SiteTemplate List is Empty RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Am having this weird issue. We have migrated Project Server 2007 to 2010 (using Full DB migration). Then I customized a project site and saved it as a template, and associated it to a specific EPT. it all went fine

After a while (and I dont know what was the trigger) I cant find any site template (not even the default one) when trying to associate to an EPT (as shown in the snapshot).

Blank Project Site Template dropdown list

Moreover, I went to "Project Site Provisioning Settings " under "Server Settings" to set a default site template, but the page wont open, with an error msg "An unexpected error has occurred" and a correlation ID. I searched the logs for the correlation ID, and found this error msg:

Line 6845: 05/10/2012 12:03:15.64            w3wp.exe (0x14E4)                       0x22A8 Project Server                   Project Web App                               2q1k      Exception            System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.     at System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex)     at System.Data.RBTree`1.get_Item(Int32 index)     at System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.WSSProvisioningSettingsAdminPage.PJWebPage_OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJWebPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)                bb1a43c7-6767-4622-b626-e85e1a6e7d9a

Any Ideas?

Additional Info:

Patch level: SP1 + Feb CU

This is a Production Server

Associate EPM Consultant

Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After search, i found out that after restore PWA, the PWA administrator account isn't correct. So after configure appropriate account works perfectly.

Kind regards.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are the site templates activated in the Solutions gallery?

Check Site Actions > Site Settings > Galleries > Solutions?

Can you create a Project Workspace normally if you try Site Actions > Create Site?

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:14 PM
  • Hi Alexander,

There is one site template (that I imported earlier) that is activated there

However, when i upload a new template there, it does not give me the choice to activate it, and when I select it, and try to activate it, the activation option is grayed-out

I didnt try to create a site manually. I will try and let you know

However, shouldnt at least the default site template be displayed in this drop down list?

Associate EPM Consultant

Friday, May 11, 2012 7:10 AM
  • Friday, May 11, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Thank you very much Paul for your reply

I read your post before writing this issue here. The problem is: this is a Production server, and I cant risk the failure of the PWA

Also, I dont have this error on the staging environment; just on the Production one

Is there anything I can do to solve this without re-provisioning the PWA?

Associate EPM Consultant

Friday, May 11, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Hi there,

Unfortunately I do not know of any other fix. I had exactly the same error you are seeing on the Project Site Provisioning Settings on my own test environment, reprovisioning the PWA site resolved it for me.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:22 PM
  • Hi,

I had the same issue today with a migration from a test to production environment for Project Server 2013. Editing de PWA in the Project Server Service Application in SharePoint Central Administration and just click on edit resolved this issue for me.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

Friday, October 11, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

After search, i found out that after restore PWA, the PWA administrator account isn't correct. So after configure appropriate account works perfectly.

Kind regards.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:01 PM
  • Vanessa, could you provide please more detailed steps, what you mean by "account isn't correct" and how you have configured appropriate account?
    Monday, September 3, 2018 3:03 PM