Can't connect two XP computers using terminal services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to connect up two XP professional computers so that I can control one of them as if I was using remote desktop, however when I type the computer name it says 'sessionname ' ' not found'.

One computer is on a domain but is logged on locally and one computer is on a workgroup thought if it's a huge problem I could make them both on a workgroup.

Entering TScon 0/1/2/3 allows me to switch sessions\users on one computer but now I want to connect up two computers. I can connect to more than one session at once on a single computer

I can use WIFI or a direct ethernet connection between the two PC's

Any ideas how I can connect them, am I typing the right paramaters/arguments?

• Edited by rocklore Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:13 AM
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hi

Just to tie up the loose ends, I found a good solution, I knew I could access the files on the computers so on the local computer so I just made a mandatory profile

(I think that's what it is) but changes are saved when the local or remote user logs off.

• Edited by rocklore Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Kamin of Ressik Monday, May 19, 2014 2:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by rocklore Monday, May 19, 2014 3:36 PM
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:03 PM

All replies

• Are these to machines on the same network? Can you ping the I.P. Address of the corresponding machine?

If you can ping the I.P. Address try opening the RDP session but instead of the computer name use the I.P. Address.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:33 PM
  • Hi, yes they are on the same network using the same type of connection, I can ping them both fine however I'm not sure how to use tscon.exe with an IP address.They can RDP to each other using the remote desktop app but I'm not using that as that is something slightly different but uses terminal services.

• Edited by rocklore Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:10 PM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Hi

Just to tie up the loose ends, I found a good solution, I knew I could access the files on the computers so on the local computer so I just made a mandatory profile

(I think that's what it is) but changes are saved when the local or remote user logs off.

• Edited by rocklore Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Kamin of Ressik Monday, May 19, 2014 2:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by rocklore Monday, May 19, 2014 3:36 PM
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:03 PM