none
Windows 10 update Admin Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to update our workstation to windows 10. I have created an update task sequence and it run perfectly fine.

The only issue I have is regarding the final few stage where it tries to log in after reboot. We have the local admin account disabled by default and a new local admin account is create instead. So after reboot it tries to login and fails. I have edited the unattended file and added the other user but its made no difference.

<AutoLogon>
    <Enabled>true</Enabled>
    <Username>Admin2</Username>
    <Domain>.</Domain>
    <Password><Value>password2</Value>
    <PlainText>true</PlainText></Password>
    <LogonCount>999</LogonCount>
    </AutoLogon>

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:57 AM

Answers

• I found disabling User Account Control: Run All administrators in Admin Approval Mode fixed the issue.

Users can now finish of the TS with out it prompting about admin rights

Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
    • Marked as answer by OptimAdam Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:34 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:34 PM

All replies

• Windows 10 upgrade TS never tried to login.

If you are doing a clean install then we do autologin. Anything other than .\Administrator won't work with MDT.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

• Marked as answer by Ty GlanderModerator Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:37 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by OptimAdam Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:37 AM
  • When I log in after it does the update it tries to run the remainder of the task sequence and all the prep files are still present on the C: drive.

There is even a Post-Process in the default task sequence for this as well.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:15 PM
  • With 2013 update 2?

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:23 PM
  • Yes even with version 2013 Update 2
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:38 AM
  • Unattend.xml doesn't get used when you are doing Upgrades to Windows 10.  Can you post your bdd.log to OneDrive and share the link here?

Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:42 AM
  • Please find the BDD.log here

So what is happening is after a reboot it tries to log in as an local admin and fails. The local admin account is disable by GP. When the user logs back in it tries to reconnect and asks for the username and password for the Task Sequence and continues. Shortly after it fails saying it doesn't have admin rights, which the user does have.

• Edited by OptimAdam Thursday, January 14, 2016 7:50 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 7:45 PM
  • I found disabling User Account Control: Run All administrators in Admin Approval Mode fixed the issue.

Users can now finish of the TS with out it prompting about admin rights

Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
    • Marked as answer by OptimAdam Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:34 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:34 PM