none
Changing Admin Credentials Utilized for AADSync

Question

• We are needing to change the password on the admin account we utilize for Azure Active Directory sync. Specifically, the admin account we use to connect to our on-prem AD. Can we just update the Password under the Active Directory Forest Connector (Connect to Active Directory Forest tab) in the MIIS client? Thank you for any help!
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:32 PM

Answers

• To update this - We ended up having issues attempting to change the on-prem account in AD Connect. Therefore, we just re-installed AD Connect all together with the new credentials. The process was fairly painless.
    • Marked as answer by rsh3ll Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:47 PM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We are currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 7:28 AM
  • Hey Jay,

I realized I had misspoke in my original post. We are using Azure AD Connect now (not AD Sync). However, I think I may have dug up the pertinent document. Can you confirm? Thanks!

• Edited by rsh3ll Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:47 PM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:45 PM
  • To update this - We ended up having issues attempting to change the on-prem account in AD Connect. Therefore, we just re-installed AD Connect all together with the new credentials. The process was fairly painless.
    • Marked as answer by rsh3ll Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:47 PM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:47 PM