none
Need to override Excluded file types for selected folders RRS feed

• Question

•  

Looking at using DPM as our backup solution for our Windows 2008 file servers, however we have a unique requirement that I do not see an immediate answer to, but hope some experienced users may have a solution.

I am backing up a server that holds the home directory of 100+ teachers.  We exclude the normal media files (e.g mp1, wav, wmi …).  However, we have music teachers with original compositions that we do need to back up.  Therefore I need an override to the excluded file types for selected directories.  I tried to build separate Protection Groups for each, but given they all live on the same server, that does not work.  Is there a possible way to configure this with powershell?

Friday, March 30, 2012 1:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunatly, there is no way to override the global exclusions for the volume, the best you could do is to move those common users to another volume and have less restrictive exclusions on that protected volume in a seperate protection group.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:07 PM