SharePoint 2007/2010 - Increasing number of list item attachments displayed RRS feed

• Question

• Looking to know how to increase the number of custom list item attachments that are listed/displayed in DispForm.aspx to greater than 3?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thx

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:51 PM

All replies

• If you have a mobile view,  the number of attachments displayed is limited to 3.

You need to modify list view in sharepoint designer to display attachment in view. Please follow below steps:

http://amitphule.blogspot.in/2012/04/display-item-attachments-in-sharepoint.html

• Edited by Amol Pawar Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:54 PM
  • Thank you Amol. I have read that previously in other posts but I am not working in the Mobile View in this case. Are you meaning that if a mobile view merely exists, then you are limited to 3 regardless?

My intentions are to display more than 3 attachment filenames when viewing the properties of the list item. I have also read that you can try to create links to other lists, etc. that show filenames in a column or even in the same list, but I am uncertain if that will help my issue. I really do not want to go down that road if I don't have to.

Does this offer any more insight for you?

Thx

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:01 PM
  • The only response I received wasn't exactly answering the question. I want to just display more than 3 filenames when in DisplayForm or EditForm. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:00 PM