none
how to stop Steady State from blocking Internet RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I just installed SteadyState on public computers at one of my libraries.  I did not check the Internet Explorer restriction regarding allowing only certain websites.  But, SteadyState is keeping my customers from reaching many websites especially their email homepages.  Is there some way to get SteadyState to open all the websites?

Our computers are Dells and using Windows Xp OS.  The version I see is 6.1.22.4.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:53 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, this issue can be caused by other Internet Explorer related restrictions. Let's open the certain user, disable all restrictions under Internet Explorer restrictions and check if the user can access all websites.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:55 AM

All replies

• I've been trying to figure this out as well.

Along with wondering why these boards are so sparse.
    Monday, August 25, 2008 8:58 PM
  •  

Hi, this issue can be caused by other Internet Explorer related restrictions. Let's open the certain user, disable all restrictions under Internet Explorer restrictions and check if the user can access all websites.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:55 AM
  • Yes, I have encountered this as well.  You must go to the Feature Restricitions tab in Steady State and UNCheck the box for "Third Party Extension Buttons".

I actually took the time to try each setting and found this.  Yes, I must agree with some others, this product is buggy, support is scarce sans the few experts on this board and overall the product can be annoying at times.  But, when it does work, it's pretty sweet.

Hope this fixes your problem, let me know,
    Regards,
    Mike
    Friday, August 29, 2008 4:05 PM