Modern Authentication in Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• I have found several articles about enabling modern authentication in Skype for Business. All point to this command:

Set-CsOAuthConfiguration -ClientAdalAuthOverride Allowed

However, when I connect to Skype for Business Online, the ClientAdalAuthOverride parameter is not a valid parameter.

We are a legacy tenant and predate the new default of on for Modern Auth. I have configured Modern Auth for Exchange and SharePoint, but need this last piece. Is there a global setting that needs to be enabled?

Monday, March 26, 2018 11:27 PM

All replies

• Hey Tim,

There's a global setting in powershell:

• Set-CsOAuthConfiguration -ClientAdalAuthOverride Allowed

This command will only work in Skype for Business online powershell: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csoauthconfiguration?view=skype-ps

Be sure to check that you're connecting to SfB online remote powershell and are importing the SfB Online cmdlets.

- Craig
    blog.chiffers.com

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:40 AM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:03 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Agree with Craig Chiffers.

With this command “Set-CsOAuthConfiguration” you need to connect SFB remote powershell, please refer to the document below
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn362795(v=ocs.15).aspx

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:15 AM
  • I have followed every step in the link for connecting to Skype for Business. When I run the command "Get-Command -Module tmp_name.ext" for the active temp session, "Set-CsOAuthConfiguration" is not listed in the available online commands.

Set-CsHybridMediationServer
    Set-CsHybridPSTNAppliance
    Set-CsHybridPSTNSite
    Set-CsInboundBlockedNumberPattern
    Set-CsIPPhonePolicy
    Set-CsOnlineApplicationEndpoint
    Set-CsOnlineDialInConferencingBridge
    Set-CsOnlineDialInConferencingServiceNumber

When I run “Get-Help Set-CsOAuthConfiguration -detailed”, ClientAdalAuthOverride is not listed as a parameter.

The system was upgraded to wmf 5.1 to support the latest Skype For Business Online Connector module, the client I am connecting from has the Dec2017 Skype for Business server core components installed.

The account I am using is a global administrator. I am guessing that it should have full permissions on Skype for Business, everything has worked to this point.

Is there another online module that has to be loaded other than the tmp one that loads when you connect?

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:34 PM
  • Hi Tim,

Based on my research, it seems require the latest Skype for Business Online Windows PowerShell Module. Version 7.0.1026.0 or later. Please try to use the latest online module to see if it can work:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39366
    In addition, you could refer to the following link for more information:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34339.skype-for-business-online-enable-your-tenant-for-modern-authentication.aspx

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:10 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:08 AM
  • Yep, had the latest everything. Contacted Office365 support and they walked me through it. At some point in trying to get it to work I started using local native Skype for Business PowerShell console to connect to Skype Online.

Support had me connect to Skype Online from the standard Admin PowerShell console and it worked this time. Maybe I hadn't tried it from there since upgrading everything, but I swear I did. Regardless, I got what I needed. Thank you for assisting.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, March 30, 2018 1:53 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:36 PM
  • Glad to hear your issue has been resolved.

You can mark your reply as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, April 2, 2018 8:14 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2018 1:53 AM
  • Can you explain how this was done? I am having the same issue.
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:00 PM