App-V creating many Softgrid Client folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using two systems for Appv applications. One is through SCCM 2012 sp1 using the download and execute method on our thick clients and the other is using an Appv management server with Citrix xenapp for thin clients which uses rstp for streaming the applications. The thick client and thin client use the same version of appv client i.e. 4.6 sp2, but the thin client software is for RDS.

We are redirecting all our folders apart from the start menu, so the appdata is redirected to a folder within the users home directory and is in a separate folder for thin and thick client users.

Our users can use either systems from time to time, but are mainly either thick or thin users. Both SCCM and Appv management server both have the same apps, but are obviously delivered by the relevant system and the apps are on different dfs shares to avoid corruption (not sure if they would ever get corrupted, but that is how it is designed and it's duplicating storage)

Now I have problems raised with a few thick client users (only a few at present, probably 10 out of 500). Thin client are fine.

These users suddenly lost an icon that they normally use i.e. acrobat standard and when they tried to reinstall it, they would get a message that it has failed.

In the failed install message I get  "Software returned error code 0xB7D0128F (-2016406897)

In the sftlog.txt, I get "The application virtualization client could not connect to local host" and  "Error code: 4625DD4-0FD00D14-00000003"

The application virtualization client was unable to initialize the user's profile for system session {rcn 0FD00D14-00000003}

Also there are numberous softgrid client folders in the appdata\roaming\softgrid client folder on thick client, which seems to indicate that appv client has become confused over the location for the osd and icon folder and it's creating new ones, and perhaps the user has logged onto a thin client and run the same application which has then created a new softgrid client folder for that as well, although I'm only guessing here.

Is there a fix or any recommendations for a fix for this problem. I can't install any appv apps at the moment on the affected thick clients.

Thxs

Jaz

• Edited by JazK Sunday, April 13, 2014 8:48 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:47 AM

Answers

All replies