External user can't hear busy tone even though called Lync user presence is DND. RRS feed

• Question

• My customer faces this symptom.

If Lync user A makes a call to Lync User B whose presence is DND, User A can hear busy tone. However, if a call comes from external User C to User B, User C can't hear busy tone and just hear dead air. Lync configuration is below.

User A, User B(DND) <> Lync Server 2010 Std Edition <> NET UX 2000 <PRI> PSTN <> Uer C

Does anybody face this phenomenon?
    I also want to know who should provide busy tone to User C in this configuration when User B is DND status. 

• Edited by tsano Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:01 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:01 AM

Answers

• The external user c is a PSTN user or a lync remote user?

If the external user call to a normal user, it can hear ring-back?

The analogous ringback issue is always caused by gateway. Pleae read the This article which is about NET UX2000 with Lync Server 2010 and Avaya SES, help it can help you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, October 21, 2011 8:39 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 8:55 AM

All replies

• Dear Friend,

What i feel is you have to do the Lync logging and analysis by Snooper Tool then let me know the result.

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:32 AM
  • The external user c is a PSTN user or a lync remote user?

If the external user call to a normal user, it can hear ring-back?

The analogous ringback issue is always caused by gateway. Pleae read the This article which is about NET UX2000 with Lync Server 2010 and Avaya SES, help it can help you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, October 21, 2011 8:39 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Dear Friend,

Any update on this ?? Hope ur sucess.

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:18 AM