WMP11 Changing Cover Art? RRS feed

• Question

• This is driving me crazy!

I ripped some old reel to reel tape albums, and WMP11 couldn't find the cover art for them.

I manually imported some art, but not correct for the album.

I just found the correct art work for the album, but could not find an option to edit, or change the art in the library, once it's been pasted.

Does anyone know how to remove, or delete it, so I can paste the proper art work?

I know this is not a life or death situation, it just bugs me.

Friday, February 1, 2008 12:05 AM

All replies

• I can't believe anyone else has'nt run into this problem?

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:48 AM
  • I have and it's bugging me too!  If you get anywhere, please let me know. 

Thursday, April 10, 2008 8:39 AM
  • Hi Charlie

Firstly, find the artwork you want to use in file manager, right click on it to copy to the clipboard. Go to the album in WMP in song view so the cover art is displayed. Right click on the album image. You should now have the option to "Paste Album Art".

Cheers

Mike

Sunday, June 8, 2008 10:40 PM
  • Mike,

I think the issue is:  "How come I don't get the 'Paste Album Art' option in the context menu AFTER I've pasted album art?  What you describe is how to paste it there the first time.  I think what Charlie and I are seeing is that once we've pasted album art, the menu option disappears. 

What I HAVE discovered is that there are times when the "Paste Album Art" option doesn't appear in the right-click menu and yet it's still possible to simply drag and drop the new artwork on top of the old. 

Neill

Monday, June 9, 2008 11:11 PM