what to do (except reset) when genuin OS behaves like pirated ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using windows OS for a decade..

Currently I am using Windows 8 genuine OS fitted by HP on laptop. the laptop is not older than a month but its behaving like system is installed about 1 year before. whenever I start windows , i have to install Wifi drivers everyday. The system crashes twice a day and i have to make force shut down twice after explorer stops responding. My lappy is high end having core i5, 4Gb ram, 1Gb Gfx & 1TB HDD. what makes system to behave like this ? I have Norton Internet Security Installed with it.

i have been using windows for many years and what i experience is every alternate Window fails to become popular. 

then should I wait for newer window or get downgraded myself with Windows 7?

It is the most annoying OS I have used ever.  Even pirated versions of Windows 7 works better than this new Windows. I was planning to buy Nokia Lumia but being known that it comes with win8 features, i am looking for Android now.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:24 PM

Answers

• Have you contacted HP support about the issue?

It may have nothing to do with your issues but the first thing I would do if it were my laptop is get rid of Norton anything. I'd almost rather deal with malware infections than deal with Norton on my machine.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:56 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:54 PM
  • Hi,

Before uninstalling anything from laptop, try running a memory test on your laptop.

Some of the random failures may be caused by faulty RAM chips.

You can try memtest86, you burn the ISO image into CD, boot from there and let it run (may take a couple of hours). If it finds any error, then you got some fried SIMM to replace!

http://memtest86.com/download.htm

Sebastian Sajaroff Senior DBA Pharmacies Jean Coutu

Monday, July 15, 2013 2:26 PM

All replies

• Have you contacted HP support about the issue?

It may have nothing to do with your issues but the first thing I would do if it were my laptop is get rid of Norton anything. I'd almost rather deal with malware infections than deal with Norton on my machine.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:54 PM
  • Hi,

Before uninstalling anything from laptop, try running a memory test on your laptop.

Some of the random failures may be caused by faulty RAM chips.

You can try memtest86, you burn the ISO image into CD, boot from there and let it run (may take a couple of hours). If it finds any error, then you got some fried SIMM to replace!

http://memtest86.com/download.htm

Sebastian Sajaroff Senior DBA Pharmacies Jean Coutu

Monday, July 15, 2013 2:26 PM