Control panel opens and closes in Windows server 2008 32 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am faced with a peculiar situation,On of my customers has a Server 2008 32 bit which acts as adomain controller,We are unable to open control panel on the machine it opens flashes like for a micro second and closes.I have tried oepning it from C:\windows\System 32 it yields the same result.I have tried checking permissions on control.exe and all permissions are fine.I tried opening some cpl file from :Start>>run>>appwiz.cpl,however unable to open these files some other cpl files do open up.I tried booting the machine in safe mode and safe mode with networking however the machine is not able to boot in these modes.Error:No logon servers are available to service the logon request".The system has microsoft Front runner as the Antivirus.We have also tried uninstalling SP2 however unable to uninstall that.

We took a Procmon for the issue however the only thing that procmon was able to show is that control.exe is launched and then it closes out.

• Changed type Sabrina Shen Friday, December 3, 2010 9:06 AM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows Server Forum for discussion.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 15, 2010 5:38 AM