Uninstall Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• When my Windows 8.1 phone was updated to Windows 10, I lost my contacts. Neither Verizon, nor Microsoft have the willingness to use a common platform to upload / save contacts, and I, (the user) suffer.  I downloaded Microsoft's recovery tool,  to remove the Windows 10 software but the tool fails to recognize my phone.  Does anyone at Microsoft have an Answer?? 
    Monday, August 3, 2015 6:51 PM

All replies

• When my Windows 8.1 phone was updated to Windows 10, I lost my contacts. Neither Verizon, nor Microsoft have the willingness to use a common platform to upload / save contacts, and I, (the user) suffer.  I downloaded Microsoft's recovery tool,  to remove the Windows 10 software but the tool fails to recognize my phone.  Does anyone at Microsoft have an Answer?? 

I am NOT from Microsoft. I am just a participant in TechNet forums.

I don't have a Windows Phone.

In a pc, here is how to go back to Win 8.1 There are less than 30 days to do that.

See if this method can be applied to your device.....

Start button > Settings > Update and Security > left side, click Recovery.
    Is there an option  to go back to Win 8.1 ?

• Edited by david hk129 Monday, August 3, 2015 10:17 PM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 10:11 PM
  • I have the Nokia Icon.  Everything was lost the first time I updated to Win 10.  And there was no easy way to recover anything once Win 10 was installed.   I had the same issue of the tool not recognizing my phone.... 

To revert back, I had to download the latest Windows Phone Recovery Tool, and then update it.  (It prompted me to update)  After the update, and a system restart, the phone was recognized.   

Once reverted back, all of my content was recoverable.  (I had made backups via the Verizon Cloud and One Drive)

I installed a Microsoft app from the store called "contacts + message backup" while Win 8.1 was on the phone.

Re-installed Win 10 to the phone, ran the backup app and chose recover.  All of my contacts and messages then were recovered.  The backup app is under System Settings - Extras.

Some apps stayed, and some went away.   I figure that was due to compatibly issues.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:51 PM
  • I've tried the uninstall option and now Windows 10 tries to reinstall each time I try to install windows updates. Is there a way to get rid of Windows 10 entirely?

Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:18 PM