PPS Time Intelligence Post Formula Filter pass date parameter to SSRS Report Parameter RRS feed

• Question

• How do we connect a Time Intelligence Post Formula calendar to a Reporting Services parameter, and pass a formatted date, or a member that could be used in an MDX query? 

The only approaches I can see are:

- Scrap the TI filter and use Sharepoint date filter or custom calendar web part, which gets destroyed every time a dashboard deploy happens.
    - Parse out the results from the Formula value using SQL RS expressions.

Any feedback is appreciated.

thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Sears, T4G Limited, http://www.performancepointing.com

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hey Andrew,

I strongly recommend the second approach you have mentioned in your post above. If you go by your first approach and introduce any non-PPS entities on your dashboard (SharePoint calendar control, etc.), you lose the good features of PPS such as the AJAX stuff or as you mention, you need to add this control to the page each time you redeploy it.

For the second approach,

1. You could connect your TI filter to the SSRS report on the "Current date-time" Source Value.

2. In your SSRS report, your Report parameter would then take the value as MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS

3. You could have a query parameter where you could then translate the report parameter into a string that represents a tuple.

Let me know if you need any more info / if you have any other thoughts.

HTH.

Cheers,

IceQB

Please mark correct answers :)

Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:44 PM