none
Converting Boolean to String in FIM Portal (Outbound Rule) RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I need your guidance to figure out, is there any way to converting a Boolean to String in the FIM Portal during Outbound rules?

The data would appear as String in the AD and the FIM portal as Boolean. I tried the below but didn’t work: IIF(Eq(FIMboolean,"true"),"NOSYNC",Null()) => ADNOSYNC

Regards,
    Srinwantu

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sure, that would be possible using several different solutions.

If the boolean is never null, you should be able to use:

IIF(FIMboolean,"NOSYNC",Null()) => ADNOSYNC

Please note that if the boolean is false, no value will flow with your (or my) rule.

Also take note of the "Allow null flow" checkbox in the Destination Tab.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sure, that would be possible using several different solutions.

If the boolean is never null, you should be able to use:

IIF(FIMboolean,"NOSYNC",Null()) => ADNOSYNC

Please note that if the boolean is false, no value will flow with your (or my) rule.

Also take note of the "Allow null flow" checkbox in the Destination Tab.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:21 PM
  • Leo,

thanks for your reply.

I have tested a couple of scenarios, but the Outbound rule is ignoring a few cases.

Shall I share a case?

Regards,
    Srinwantu

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 1:54 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, please share the cases that aren't working for you.

Br,

Leo

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 8:12 AM
  • Leo,

Sharing more details; I am using equal precedence for FIMBoolean in the MV (FIM MA and AD MA)

FIM portal: FBoolean
    MV: FIMBoolean
    AD: ADNOSYNC

Current outbound rule: IIF(FIMboolean,"NOSYNC",Null()) => ADNOSYNC (allow null)

Inbound rule: IIF(Eq(ADNOSYNC,"NOSYNC"),"true","false") => FIMboolean

FIM MA: direct mapping with FIMBoolean and FBoolean

It is working fine when making any changes directly from the FIM portal, but it is ignoring the AD changes when the AD manages the object. May I miss anything?

Regards,

Srinwantu

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:03 AM
  • Hi,

First off - I'd really not recommend using Equal Precedence unless really neccessary. It's a deprecated feature and will only give your problems.

Could you explain more about your usecase please? What are you trying to achieve?

Br,

Leo

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 1:32 PM
  • Leo,

I need to use equal precedence as groups can be created directly through the AD (AD will have the highest precedence) as well on the MIM portal (MIM will have the highest precedence).

Case: 1) when a group directly created on AD and ADNOSYNC attribute update as NOSYNC (only if match NOSYNC) which will write to MV as FIMboolean as true else false
    2) If the group created on the MIM portal and FBoolean checked, then write on the AD as NOSYNC. If not, it won’t take action.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,
    Srinwantu

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 2:31 PM
  • Leo,

thanks, it works!

Regards,

Srinwantu

Friday, April 24, 2020 1:24 PM