changed unattended execution account password now no reports will run (RSLogonFailure) RRS feed

• Question

• When I did the forefront deployment on our network I followed a microsoft document that had me create an account called FCS-DAS and set it up as the unattended execution account for the forefront reports.

I had to reset the password today and now none of my reports work.

I looked at the details view on the report server and opened up all the datasources I could find. The Onepoint and SystemCenterReporting as well as the SCDE data source all referenced my FCS-DAS account. I've modified the password in these data sources and verified that the server saw the updated version yet when I run reports locally or remotely I get the RSLogonFailure result.

Is there somewhere else besides the datasources that I need to update that password?

Thursday, April 5, 2012 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please read about service accounts article to update the FCS accounts. At last, make sure you input the new password via FCS console--action menu--configure wizard.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb944783.aspx

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Tanner Wood Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:50 PM
    Friday, April 6, 2012 9:22 AM

All replies

• I can't even access the reports from the links in the client security console anymore.

If I had realized that changing the password on this account was going to cause such trouble I would have set it up to never expire. 

What's weird is that I opened web.config and turned customerrorsmode off and I can't get it to show me any error details remotely.
    • Edited by Tanner Wood Thursday, April 5, 2012 8:42 PM
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 8:11 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please read about service accounts article to update the FCS accounts. At last, make sure you input the new password via FCS console--action menu--configure wizard.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb944783.aspx

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Tanner Wood Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:50 PM
    Friday, April 6, 2012 9:22 AM
  • Thanks for the link. The password was missing on the execution account tab of Reporting Services Configuration. Once I set this and ran through the wizard in FCS console I could see the reports again.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:50 PM