none
ZTIORole script error in SCCM with MDT RRS feed

• Question

• We're looking to use MDT in SCCM to do some scripting.

The latest version of MDT has been intergraded into SCCM.  Under the SCCM
    Task Sequence Editor I've added a new Task from the MDT drop down.  
    Picking the "Install Roles and Features."  

I run the Task to deploy the OS to a PC.  Once the Task sequence gets to the Roles and
    Features task the ZTIOSRole.wsf script runs.  The command line is:
    "%DeployRoot%\Scripts\ZTIORole.wsf"

We then get the error message:  Input Error: Can not find script file "c:\windows\ccm\%DeployRoot%\Scripts\ZTIORole.wsf"

In MDT Deployment Workbench our network path is: "NTServer\DeploymentShare$"

Question is, shouldn't the deployRoot be trying to run the script from our server and not the local C: drive?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:10 PM

Answers

• Not entirely sure how ConfigMgr handles MDT integration - it has been a while since I worked with ConfigMgr. However, pure MDT copies scripts, variables.dat as well as some other files to the local hard drive (usually C:\MININT), ConfigMgr works along similair lines (e.g. it uses packages).

When creating an MDT TS in ConfigMgr, did you create all necessary packages as outlined in the official documentation?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/deploy-windows-mdt/create-a-task-sequence-with-configuration-manager-and-mdt

The best thing to do is to walk through the "Import Microsoft Deployment Task Sequence" wizard, which will also ask you to create a "Toolkit Package" if you don't have one available yet.

I believe that you don't have to use this task sequence, but the package remains after creating it.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by jsatumc Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:29 AM

All replies

• Not entirely sure how ConfigMgr handles MDT integration - it has been a while since I worked with ConfigMgr. However, pure MDT copies scripts, variables.dat as well as some other files to the local hard drive (usually C:\MININT), ConfigMgr works along similair lines (e.g. it uses packages).

When creating an MDT TS in ConfigMgr, did you create all necessary packages as outlined in the official documentation?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/deploy-windows-mdt/create-a-task-sequence-with-configuration-manager-and-mdt

The best thing to do is to walk through the "Import Microsoft Deployment Task Sequence" wizard, which will also ask you to create a "Toolkit Package" if you don't have one available yet.

I believe that you don't have to use this task sequence, but the package remains after creating it.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by jsatumc Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:29 AM
  • This worked.

After adding MDT to ConfigMgr you have to create a nw TS.  you can't use an old TS create before installing MDT.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:34 PM