Migrating Task Sequences fail due to issues with drivers in Driver packs RRS feed

• Question

• I've found that when migrating task sequences, if there is an issue with a driver within a driver pack, the task sequence migration fails. Is there anyway to force the task sequence to migrate regardless? If not, whats the best way forward.

1. Can the Driver pack be disabled within the task sequences(s) and still migrated or

2. Does the Driver pack need to be removed completely from the task sequence(s)

thanks

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:24 AM

Answers

• yeah, been there..

in most cases it is because the admin in CM 2007 did not do his job properly: he might have just imported all drivers in the drivers folder by using the categories and then created driverpackages without actually importing the drivers so they will not be migrated automatically. (officially not supported in 2007 but hey, it worked!)

the most problematic issue I got was the following one:

the migration account you specify is NOT used to migrate driverpackages. they will then error out saying :“SCCM provider is missing read, write or delete privilege for the driver package source path” -> solution: give the CM2012 computer account FC on the source folder of the driverpackages

so, I would also like to have some kind of option to 'disable problematic' driverpackages during the migration wizard...

btw, nice info also here: http://www.deploymentresearch.com/Blog/tabid/62/EntryId/69/The-Drivers-Saga-continues-How-to-Master-Drivers-in-ConfigMgr-2012.aspx

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:12 PM