collection menu disappeared under RDS on windows2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I had installed RDS on a 2012R2 server with success. I was able to add applications to a new collection without problems. Users can run these applications with success from their Windows 7 desktops.

Unfortunately , the "collection" menu has disappeared from my server and i am not able to make it display again.

The users continue to have access to their published applications although the collection menu is no longer displayed.

But the problem is that i can't modify , neither create new published application.

Could you help me to find what to do please?

Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Annie,

In that case, please fully patch Windows system and disable then uninstall third party applications to test.

To see whether more clues can be found, I suggest you enable RDMS UI Tracing.

Enabling RDMS UI Tracing RDS 2012 for troubleshooting

http://ryanmangansitblog.com/2013/07/07/enabling-rdms-ui-tracing-rds-2012-for-troubleshooting/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:47 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Friday, February 5, 2016 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Annie,

On the RD Connection Broker, please logon as domain admin, and ensure that following services are running:

Remote Desktop Connection Broker

Remote Desktop Management

RemoteApp and Desktop Connection Management

After that, re-open Server Manager to see whether the issue remain.

If the issue persists, please try to reboot RDS servers, as I have seen other similar cases solved by it.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Friday, January 29, 2016 12:08 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2016 12:06 PM
  • Hi Amy,

Thank you for answering.

I have checked every service you asked for checking. Each of them are OK, the server has been restarted . But the problem remains unfortunaltely the same...

Best regards

Annie

Monday, February 1, 2016 11:25 AM
  • Hi Annie,

In that case, please fully patch Windows system and disable then uninstall third party applications to test.

To see whether more clues can be found, I suggest you enable RDMS UI Tracing.

Enabling RDMS UI Tracing RDS 2012 for troubleshooting

http://ryanmangansitblog.com/2013/07/07/enabling-rdms-ui-tracing-rds-2012-for-troubleshooting/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Amy

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:47 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Friday, February 5, 2016 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:44 AM