none
Multiple Virtual Smart Cards - Sign In Behaviour in 10586 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Build 10586 Ext x64 seems to have introduced a problem with sign in when more than one virtual smart card is configured on a particular computer.

The release notes for 10586 said "Windows should now remember your previous login type. For example, if you log in with a PIN - it will prompt you for a PIN next time instead of another type".

I thought this was the behaviour in 10240 already...

In 10586 there seems to be a problem if there is more than one smart card credential available on the system eg 2 x virtual smart cards. If you log in with the second security device listed and then lock the machine or sign out, the credential prompt presented when unlocking again is the first security device, which is the wrong user! You can manually select the correct device but it inevitably leads to incorrect PIN attempts on the first security device.

I'm sure 10240 didn't behave this way.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Thanks

Douks

Monday, November 16, 2015 2:17 PM

Answers

• I have confirmed that this was a bug, but the good news it has been patched in KB3135173 (Windows 10 CU February 16).

Douks

• Marked as answer by Douks Friday, February 19, 2016 7:42 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Douks,

Apologize to say that I didn't have the environment to performa a test.

But for the other sign-in options under Windows 10 1511, it just behaves as what described in the blog.

Currently if the issue insists, please consider to feedback directly through the Windows Feedback Tool.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Hi Michael

I have reported via the windows feedback tool.

It would be good if someone could confirm the behaviour.

Thanks

Douks

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:54 PM
  • I'm not sure why this has been marked as answered - I am not aware of the issue having been fixed??

Please advise, thanks.

Douks

Friday, November 27, 2015 9:11 AM
  • Hi Douks,

My apology here.

I have unmarked this thread.

So if any further remindings, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:32 AM
  • I have confirmed that this was a bug, but the good news it has been patched in KB3135173 (Windows 10 CU February 16).

Douks

• Marked as answer by Douks Friday, February 19, 2016 7:42 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 7:42 AM