none
SCCM Package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created a batch file with below command line for removing Skype for business outlook plugin.

@echo off

REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\UCAddin.LyncAddin.1 /v LoadBehavior /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

LoadBehavior value is 3 bydefault, however when we change into 0 plugin will be removed. When I ran this batch file it was success, however while create a package and push through SCCM I could exit code 0 in Execmgr log file but value is not changing in registery. 

Did I miss anything here? can someone will help me with this

Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:09 AM

All replies

• You cannot use the HKEY_CURRENT_USER with SCCM for a package, I believe.

You will need to create and application and adjust the following in the deployment:

- installation behaviour: install for user

- logon requirement: only when a user is logged on

If you don't do this, your "application" will be installed as SYSTEM, which means SCCM only has access to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in that case. That is why you get this error.

Creating an application requires a bit more work than a package, but in the end, it is easier to see who has it deployed and who hasn't. For a detection method in the application, I would use a check for the regkey you change. This ensures you also know that it executed succesfully.

Hope this helps,

• Proposed as answer by Bert VO Friday, May 17, 2019 2:55 PM
    Friday, May 17, 2019 2:53 PM