Trusted Forest Client Management in SCCM SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Frenz,

I have 02 Forest (ABC & XYZ). My SCCM 2012 SP2 environment is in ABC forest. We have mutual trust between ABC and XYZ Forest.

Now I'm trying to Manage Few Clients (25-30) in XYZ Forest.

I have added the New Forest in SCCM, added the Subnet in Boundary Group and Ran the System discovery, but didn't extend the AD Schema. All clients are Showing in SCCM Console with Site Code and deployed clients to few Computers.

Clients are deployed but only User and Machine Policies are available in Control Panel. In Location Services Log MP is trying to receive from XYZ Forest, so it couldn't get the MP details.

Query:

Am i missing something here, my requirement is Push the clients from Console and Application catalog should be accessible for XYZ forest clients.

Monday, July 27, 2015 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check the "Configuration" part in the blog:

Manually Install the Configuration Manager Client on the cross forest located computers specifying the Lookup Management Point (Screen Shot 1 Below). This can be done with a script, GPO, or manually.

Note on Location Lookup - This could be done through specifying a Lookup Management point at installation time (as seen in this example), or by publishing site information to the remote forests active directory, DNS, or WINS.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/neilp/archive/2012/08/20/cross-forest-support-in-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-part-1.aspx

Reference:Planning for Communications in Configuration Manager

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Joyce L Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:30 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Narcoticoo Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juliesmiley Tuesday, July 28, 2015 5:23 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:30 AM