WSUS Update Download RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a fresh WSUS server on Windows Server 2012 R2. This computer is not joined to a domain. I have chosen the updates I want (Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL 2014, etc.) and have done a synchronization.  I have also unchecked the box that says to wait for updates to be approved before downloading.  The WSUS folder has grown quite large (over 8G) in the past few hours.

Question:  How will I know when WSUS is done downloading all updates?  Is there a notification?

Note:  This server is in a highly secure environment.  Email servers are forbidden.

JamesNT

ATTENTION MODERATORS: I do indeed mark responses as answers after I have had time to test said response and verify that it works. Please do NOT assume you speak on my behalf by marking responses to my questions as answers. Mass-proposing responses as answers gets on my nerves, too. Thank you.

Monday, October 26, 2015 8:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>How will I know when WSUS is done downloading all updates? 

We can find this information in WSUS console:

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by JamesNT Tuesday, October 27, 2015 6:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:58 AM