none
Failure (5615) Error on Windows 10 deployment MDT RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all.

    The previous company I worked for used SCCM 2012 for all their deployments and utilizing PXE. My current employer is using MDT and USB boot. Currently there are images for Win 7 x86 and x64 enterprise. I am trying to stand up Windows 10 for testing. I have followed all of the steps to capture a reference image and am now trying to deploy. I am updated to MDT v8298 and have the Win10 ADK installed. 

    When I boot off the USB and walk through the steps everything seems to be working fine. It injects the drivers and begins to install the OS. After about 10 minutes or so I get:

    FAILURE (5615): False: Boot Drive was not found, required?

    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005

    Failed to run the action: Install Operating System

    Not sure what would be causing this. Again, I am not overly familiar with using USB boot. I tried pulling the USB after the deployment started in case that was causing problems but no dice. Unfortunately not much is documented here so I am having to learn based on the tech net tutorials. I should also add that I had this sort of working last week before I changed the "Format and Partition Disk" section under the Preinstall > New Computer Only task sequence from multiple partitions to a single, primary partition. Before this change it would error and I could just reboot the machine and it would boot into the OS just fine.

    Any help would be very much appreciated. 



    Monday, October 19, 2015 3:53 PM

Answers

  • Now I did notice in the BDD.log that there are some mismatches. Looks like at one point my Deployment Toolkit version shows one thing and then later shows another. I also see that the Propert OSCurrentVersion doesn't match the Win10 ADK. I am performing another FULL update on my deployment shares, but Ive already done that once and was left with this result.

    That's the problem. You could try uninstalling any and all versions of ADK/WAIK and MDT. Then re-install the latest version of ADK and MDT. If worse comes to worse make a new deployment share, you can copy over applications, task sequences, etc.

    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

    Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:38 PM

All replies

  • post your bdd.log and smsts.log
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:46 PM
  • Make a new task sequence but don't mess with the partitioning scheme. See if that works for you. When you are testing a new OS and especially if you are new to MDT, keep it as basic as possible for you first test deployments.

    Check out these links to help you start off on the right foot:

    http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/496/Building-a-Windows-10-Reference-Image-using-MDT-2013-Update-1

    http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

    If you start off trying to do too much or making too many changes, it'll be that much harder to troubleshoot the problem if you don't know which change caused it.


    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.


    • Edited by Dan_Vega Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:37 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:33 PM
  • Hey everyone. Sorry for the delay in response. I've been juggling several projects at once and have just come back to this. 

    So per the recommendation above, I created a new task sequence and left the partition scheme alone. I no longer get the original error, but now Im getting a new one:

    "Failure (5627) 50: Run DISM.exe | Litetouch deployment failed."

    Here are the logs. Hopefully the links work.

    BDD.log

    DISM.log

    Now I did notice in the BDD.log that there are some mismatches. Looks like at one point my Deployment Toolkit version shows one thing and then later shows another. I also see that the Propert OSCurrentVersion doesn't match the Win10 ADK. I am performing another FULL update on my deployment shares, but Ive already done that once and was left with this result. 





    Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:27 AM
  • Now I did notice in the BDD.log that there are some mismatches. Looks like at one point my Deployment Toolkit version shows one thing and then later shows another. I also see that the Propert OSCurrentVersion doesn't match the Win10 ADK. I am performing another FULL update on my deployment shares, but Ive already done that once and was left with this result.

    That's the problem. You could try uninstalling any and all versions of ADK/WAIK and MDT. Then re-install the latest version of ADK and MDT. If worse comes to worse make a new deployment share, you can copy over applications, task sequences, etc.

    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

    Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:38 PM