none
Work Folder

Question

• Hi ,

Is it possible to use the more than a user can access the work folder in single system .

Example: we have single system in meeting room i wan to users should use their work folder using their login on meeting room systems and i need to specify quota for all user .

Thanks ,

Vinothraj

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinothraj,

According to the function of work folders, Work Folders provide access to the latest data, no matter whether the users are located internally or externally. That should work. Different user log on to the computer, user connects to the work folder, then sync.

Please refer the articles below about the details of work folder

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn265974(v=ws.11).aspx

https://mizitechinfo.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/ste-by-step-install-configure-work-folder-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

http://windowsitpro.com/windows-server-2012-r2/windows-server-2012r2-work-folders

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:55 AM
  • So basically, you want a folder for every user.

And you want to set a quota for that folder,

For folder quota, search on File Server Resource Manager quota settings. (search Bing or Google) You never specify your Windows OS, you might need to include that on your search.

If you want a folder for every user search on Active Directory Home Profile Settings, the home profile is unique to every user. I guess this is what you want if I understand correctly.

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:00 AM
  • A side note not wrote yet, if two user are modifying a document in a shared workfolder, the last writer always win.

Workfolder goal was more a 1:1 relation, not an X:1. If you can assume a lost document as it's for a shared room, then yes it can work.

Regards, Philippe

Don't forget to mark as answer or vote as helpful to help identify good information. ( linkedin endorsement never hurt too :o) )

Answer an interesting question ? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:38 PM
  • Vinothraj,

Each user that logs into the PC in the meeting room would have a unique Work Folders directory. The data stored in the Work Folders directory would sync to the user’s directory on the Work Folders server.

As mentioned by Phillippe, Work Folders enables users to access their data on the Work Folders server. Work Folders doesn’t support team shares or collaboration functionality. If you need this functionality, I’d recommend evaluating OneDrive for Business.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:48 PM