MDT 2013 : ERROR - NetFx3 role processing with DISM.exe failed, rc = -2146498529 RRS feed

• Question

• My environment : Windows Server 2008 R2 + MDT 2013 to deploy Windows 8.1 Enterprise

I've added a new Role "Install Roles and Features" under my Task Sequence, under the State Restore step.

I selected the good operating system, Windows 8.1, and the the feature ".NET Framework 3.5" to add.

When I run the Task Sequence, the feature ".NET Framework 3.5" previously selected is not selected in the Windows Deployment Wizard.

Then at the end of the deployment, I get the following error:

ERROR - NetFx3 role processing with DISM.exe failed, rc = -2146498529

Hope you can help,

• Changed type Keith GarnerMVP Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:42 PM problem not discussion
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:11 PM

All replies

• Check the dism.log file for the root cause.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:42 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by AcetiK Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:31 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:41 PM
  • You problaly have made a ref image without it, and now are tryning to deploy the captured image and want to add it as part of your Deployment ?

The solution is to make a new ref image with .Net3.5 from the ISO and it will work
    (for some reason the bits arent there when you capture without it)

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Thanks Keith for your answer but it doesn't explain why when I run the Task Sequence, the feature ".NET Framework 3.5" previously selected in the template is not selected in the Windows Deployment Wizard.
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Hi Jorgen, thanks for your answer.

I'm testing MDT 2013, I don't have any ref image, I'm just using the orginal install.wim of the DVD.

I've created a new task sequence, added the roles and feature and selected .NET 3.5

That's all.

Can't find the Dism.log under %WINDIR%\Logs\DISM

Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:58 AM