News Site: How do I categorize? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a News Site in MOSS where I want to be able to categorize my Article Pages.  How can I do this?  There isn't a Tag feature or a Property field that I can see.

The only thing I thought of was creating an Empty Site then multiple News Sites under that for each of my categories.  Then I could roll it up to the Empty Site using the Content Query Web Part.

However, I'd like to keep my number of sites to a minimum.

Thanks for your insight folks!
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:01 PM

Answers

• Since you are using MOSS, it sounds like you can use a Site Directory to store information about each of your sites. 

The first thing you want to do is create a Site Directory.

Now, you will see that it has default data like Divisions, Regions, IT, etc.  All of this is customizable.  In the Site Directory, click 'View All Site Content'.  Under Lists, you will see 'Sites'.  Click 'List Settings'.  You will now see how you can change that data to better fit your needs.

Now when you create a new site, you will see these options at the bottom of the page.  You will have to manually create entries for the previous sites.  You can do this under the 'Sites' link mentioned above.

This will help categorize all of your sites and give you one location to view all of your options.

Shannon Bray - MCT, MCPD, MCTS, MCITP
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:33 AM