none
Psuedo Single Sign on with a peer to peer Workgroup RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys, 

I am trying to setup a single sign on type configuration for some engineer's new test stand. The way the stand has been configured for their use is that there is a "controller" PC that is domain connected and there are two other PC's that are connected via a work group that are not domain attached. I am trying to setup a way for the user to log onto the domain connected "Controller" PC and then auto login to the other 2 PCs. Currently the users have to login into all 3 PCs and it is becoming quite cumbersome. I know I can use task scheduler to lock or log off these PC's quite easily but the log on piece has got me stumped. I am trying to avoid having to connect the non-domain PCs to the domain as that would complicate the use of the stand. I was thinking of trying to configure a true SSO server but I think the controller would have to be the server in order for that to work. I was also considering LDAP but I think that the PC's would have to be domain attached. Any ideas of a way to script this function?

I am running Windows 7 on all 3 PC's and 2008 server for the domain 

Thanks

Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:29 AM

Answers

• This is not a scripting question.  YOU need to post in the Windows Networking forum to learn how to set up synchronized accounts.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by TheAkwardOne Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:38 PM
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:49 AM

All replies

• This is not a scripting question.  YOU need to post in the Windows Networking forum to learn how to set up synchronized accounts.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by TheAkwardOne Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:38 PM
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:49 AM
  • Oops! I re-posted in the Windows 7 IT Pro, Win 7 Networking Forum
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:39 PM