none
A project could not be published RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Some user in my organisation fogort to check-in the project. So after a couple of days, they come back in the project center and they try to publish the project. In the project scedule view I can see that the status (in the yellow process status box) freeze to "Save job queued and after that I have this message "Operation still processing"...

If I go in the mange queue job. I don't see any processing on that project.

It always happen when a project stay too long check-out.

Is this normal?

• Edited by PWAdmin Friday, December 23, 2011 3:25 PM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Man!

By default, queue logs at the Manage Queue Jobs, disappear at the end of the day. You can Force Check-in the project by the Server Settings page, and after you can see at the Manage Queue Jobs page what is happening.

To get a better idea, you will have to change the settings in this page, to see also the Jobs with 'Success' status. At the 'Job Completion States', move the Success status at the 'Selected Job States'.

At this point, if it fails, you can have more information about that, and you can see at which step is failing.

Kind Regards!

Miguel Soler
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 5:35 PM
  • And another issue,

I had a similar thing like you some weeks ago. A dummy question, Do you have installed the last upgrades to your Project Server? SP1 and CU??

Cheers!

Miguel Soler
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 5:39 PM
  • Clear out your cache in project professional if you are certain that project is checked in.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:50 PM
  • Hello,

More information on this problem. This situation also happens if a project is not publish for a couple of week. What I need to do is go to Project Information page and save. Only after that I am able to publish a project (in schedule view).

Thanks.

PWAdmin

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Seems as if you need to save it again and the publish immediately. Just make sure the cache is cleared out.
    Sunday, June 23, 2013 6:12 AM
  • This can be normal.  I'm impatient and would wait about 15 minutes and if the save is not complete, I would then cancel the job.  Keep in mind the project manager may lose some of his schedule.

I see this occurring when a project manager switched from wired to wireless connections and the project cache gets confused on which connection he is using

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:57 PM
  • I have noticed the same problem if users don't wait for the message "project saved successfully" to appear. Same with "project published...". Switching between wired to wireless during the save process could possibly interrupt that process and cause the error.
    Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:31 PM