Using labels in Word 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I use labels largely for storage containers, not mailings.  In Word 2003, I simply opened the appropriate Avery template .DOT, from my list of favorites, then used whatever fonts and graphics I liked to create my label, guided by lines showing the edges of each label.

Now I use Word 2016 and very little of the above works.  I can using Mailing/Labels to get the label I want, but I have to scroll through a long list every time, even if it's the same label I used previously.  Then I can't choose fonts or insert graphics, or at least see no way to do that.  Avery's Wizard apparently does not work in W16.

So how do I make labels my own way?  And if word 2016 lacks this capability, is there some other word processor I can use for this?

Saturday, January 7, 2017 12:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Oldmaven2,

>> how do I make labels my own way?

As far as I know, it is true that Avery Wizard is currently not available to Office 2016. But it is supported to create a custom template in Word if your Avery template isn’t in the Product number list:

1. Measure the label, divider, or card and the space between each.
    2. Follow steps 1-4 of Find your Avery® product number in Word. In step 4, under Product number, choose a product number that's closest to yours (refer to the measurements shown in the Label information box.

1. Click New Label.
    2. Change the numbers in the boxes to match your measurements.
    3. After you enter the measurements, click OK three times.

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

_________________________________________________________________________________

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:22 PM