none
MS Project 2013 Visual Reports: Excel is currently waiting for user input RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Microsoft Project Standard 2013 and MS Office Professional Plus 2013. When I try to generate visual reports with a specific Excel template, it pops up a dialogue box says:

Excel is busy.

This may be because Excel is currently waiting for user input (for example a dialogue box may be open.)

Switch to excel to correct the problem, then try again.

I can recreate the template and things will work again for a while and then the same problem occurs. The problem occurs when I use the same template Excel file on another machine with the same versions of MS Project and Excel.

What's the solution?

Thanks

Saturday, February 14, 2015 12:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You might refer to this thread, particularly Andy's reply. Please tell us if it helped.

You might also try this solution.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Saturday, February 14, 2015 8:59 AM
  • I assumed it was due to the OLAP cube and the related pivot table. That assumption appears to be wrong.

I have two Pivot tables in my template. One is for the MSProject data. The second pivot table is on a separate sheet (Pivot2Sheet) and it's data source is a data range on yet another Excel sheet (that data all values, no formulas and it doesn't need updating.

If I delete Pivot2Sheet (and leave the raw data sheet) then I don't get the "Excel is Busy" error when I open the template from MSProject. I can open the template directly with no problems.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 1:25 AM