installation popups are hidden RRS feed

• Question

• I am a brand new Widoows 7 user.  When I am updating software, the popup windows that say things like "contunue" are behind the main window.  Is there some way to make them appear in front of the other windows?

Saturday, January 2, 2010 12:54 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You mentioned that the problem happans when you update software, I would like to know what's the software? Is it windows update? If it's a third-party software, it may have a option like "keep this program on top of other windows". If you checked this option, the windows will alway in front of the other windows.
    Thomas77
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:08 AM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:58 AM
  • As Thomas_77 suggested, you'd check if any option is configured for this application to display in front of other windows. For example, Windows Media Player has such a option.

Addtionally, I would like to suggest you checking UAC. Try to set User Account Control Settings to different levels.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You mentioned that the problem happans when you update software, I would like to know what's the software? Is it windows update? If it's a third-party software, it may have a option like "keep this program on top of other windows". If you checked this option, the windows will alway in front of the other windows.
    Thomas77
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:58 AM
  • As Thomas_77 suggested, you'd check if any option is configured for this application to display in front of other windows. For example, Windows Media Player has such a option.

Addtionally, I would like to suggest you checking UAC. Try to set User Account Control Settings to different levels.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:08 AM