User with Approve Permission still access the complete Site what will be permissions? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

User with approve permission still access the complete site . is there any way to restrict the user to only approve the documents using the task list and direclty he can't access the site.

Regards,

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

On the target Document lib / list stop inheriting permissions from the parent site and assign unique permissions.

Also you can assign item specific item level permissions as well. 

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:55 AM
  • Thanks for reply,

Actually i have site collection with subsites unique permission ( HR, Sales, Admin) etc. Now i have added the approver group in HR subsite and added the sales user into it for approving the document . Now when the sales user logged In he can access the HR site and as well as sales site using the Top navigation.

I think iam doing some thing wrong with the permission . Any idea

Regards,

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

That's what I mentioned earlier do not add him directly to HR site.

Use Item level permission or use unique permissions on document library / list to get this fix

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Thanks for reply,

i already have a unique permission per site and now you are suggesting that i have to assgin the uniqe permission on library as well?

what is relation of Approver group with document library uniqe permission? please suggest the best approach iam stuck on this from last two days.

i will be glad if you guide me to solve this issue effectivly

Regards,

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:02 PM