I restarted my computer in safe mode but now nothing works. RRS feed

• Question

• We recently down loaded windows 10. Then we went to an unsecure web site that put a virus on our start up screen. We restarted in safe mode. Now the computer seems to be locked up. I do not know how to get to any of my files from the safe mode

Why can't I restart in a <<Last good date>> without the safe mode.  Or what do I do know that I am in safe mode but the windows 10 does not allow me to access files which may no longer be supported.

Monday, February 8, 2016 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Last Known Good Configuration is removed in Windows 10.

In order to help you quickly, please let us know the exact situation. What's symptoms when you boot into Safe Mode to access the files?

Please access the following recovery menu, select System restore to roll back to a previous time point to see if it works fine.

Also please try Startup repair to fix the startup issue.

If nothing works, you may have to consider to refresh\reset your PC.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Last Known Good Configuration is removed in Windows 10.

In order to help you quickly, please let us know the exact situation. What's symptoms when you boot into Safe Mode to access the files?

Please access the following recovery menu, select System restore to roll back to a previous time point to see if it works fine.

Also please try Startup repair to fix the startup issue.

If nothing works, you may have to consider to refresh\reset your PC.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:36 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:07 AM
  • hi i have the same problem..the thing is i cant get to any of theses options, i have used them b4... it just sticks in safe mode and blank screen with safe mode around. 4 cornors.. i am in safe mode w networking... again just blank   b4 that it would try to go into windows with logo then it just goes grey blank and curser does work... i also tried hired boot cd and it wont work... i used b4 on this lap top , when i had windows 7 had to retrieve my pic bc my soft ware was corrupted,,, i really need help to at least get my pics saved... i pretty sure my hard drive is failing too it makes winny noise when little movements  moving lap top... would hard drive do this ? i cant get into msconfig or disk check.. it trying hard to get fully windows up,  that why confused....... its  almost booted up then just change to blank screen.. any help is appreciate wish could show u screen shot using son computer  he dont like anything on his computer... sorry if my punctuation not great im in the dark typing lool.... thank you  i hope they  way to get pics at least.... once last thing after upgraded 2 wind 10 i finally found out later it not compatible with my stupid toshibia that only 3 yrs old.... just wanted 2 give full details.......
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:28 AM