Maps vs HERE maps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Which one of these maps will be default maps in windows? I always thought that HERE maps will became default (or main) windows maps but now I'm confused. I don't need to have 2 maps app on my devices and I want to get familiar with the one what will be default and supported in a future. So which one can I chose

Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi ptr,

Maps app is coming with Windows. HERE Maps App is another Windows store app.

If you don't want two same type apps on your tablet, just uninstall HERE Maps.

Start button ->All Apps -> find HERE Maps, right click to select Uninstall

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ptr.chovan Monday, August 17, 2015 12:41 PM
    Monday, August 17, 2015 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi ptr,

Maps app is coming with Windows. HERE Maps App is another Windows store app.

If you don't want two same type apps on your tablet, just uninstall HERE Maps.

Start button ->All Apps -> find HERE Maps, right click to select Uninstall

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ptr.chovan Monday, August 17, 2015 12:41 PM
    Monday, August 17, 2015 5:28 AM
  • Thanks Karen

In that case I will have to wait for more improvements in navigation (specially in windows phone 8 app) or wait for windows phone 10 to comes out.

Thanks for the answer

Monday, August 17, 2015 12:40 PM