none
Incompatibility with Windows 10/Apple Boot Camp and Mac's Built before 2012 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I tried to create a restore point in W-10 in the Apple Boot Camp Partition working under Apple Yosemite.  I spent over 90 minutes on line with a very patient MS Tech who had access to my PC.  We finally came to the conclusion the error message was due to incompatibility with W-10 and Apple.  At first thinking it was a software issue I called Apple Support.  Here's the bottom line so you don't waste a lot of time.  Apple support tech said and there are internet postings that refer to the following - most all iMacs and Mac Books Built prior to 2012 are mechanically not compatible.  Newer physical designs are.  So the bottom line is Microsoft needs to come up with a patch that will enable Windows 10 operating within Boot Camp on machines built before 2012 to be able to work correctly.  My specific problem is I was trying to create a restore point as I accidentally realized several weeks after the "free" upgrade a restore point had not been created.  WORD TO THE WISE UNTIL THIS IS FIXED.  CREATE A REPAIR DISC.
    Sunday, September 13, 2015 4:15 PM

All replies

• This is one of the benefits of evolution in the computer industry and it is not Microsoft's responsibility to create a "patch" to fix Apple's Boot Camp compatibility problem.

You state the Apple hardware is "... mechanically not compatible."  So why would you think it's Microsoft's responsibility to come up with a patch to Windows 10 to make it "mechanically compatible" with Apple's hardware?

Is there some obscure logic hidden somewhere in your post?

Sunday, September 13, 2015 4:34 PM
  • Hi,

I understand your situation, but as mentioned by RTFM, since Boot Camp is a software completely hosted by Apple, I am also in doubt that if Microsoft will release any patch about this. But I think this will be resolved eventually, either by Microsoft side or Apple side, just like Windows 8.1.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 5:34 AM