Word documents (New and Existing) paper area does not work correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all. I have a rather hard to explain situation with one of our workstations. It is an HP 8760w and it has had Office 2010 installed on it for quite some time. Currently, when opening a new document or any existing document, the program will look normal but will not show a cursor on the page. Scrolling wll result in the page looking obscure as if a graphics inside the document stops working. Scrolling will cause lines of text to melt into each other and will duplicate lines of text. The ribbon functions fine and hitting File brings up the entire menu like it should. Switching back to the document will show what was over that section in the file menu. How do I fix this? Installing and uninstalling office did not work along with changing the Normal.dot and deleting the Data registry file. 

All help is appreciated greatly. 

Friday, November 14, 2014 4:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Travis,

This sounds more like a Graphic Driver or Graphics Card problem. You might try switching out the Graphic Card if that is possible on the system.

Another outside possibility might be a corrupt user profile, so you could create a different profile on the machine and try it. However, my guess would be the Graphics Card is failing.

Are you also certain there are no other Office add-ins loaded that might be causing this. Start Word in Safe Mode and see if this clears the problem. If it does, then systematically disable add-ins one at a time until the culprit is found.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

• Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, November 26, 2014 3:11 AM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 3:08 PM