Vista64 4GB problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DQ965GF and vista64 won't startup when i installed 4GB as 4 sim

the BIOS serial was 5773 I updated it to 6002 then vista64 become able to boot, but it is incredibly slow

Monday, January 7, 2008 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for posting!

According to your description, I think this issue may be caused by incorrect memory support from BIOS or hardware confliction. We are not the best support resource on this kind of issues. I recommend you to contact Intel to report this issue and get further support.

For your reference, I include a link to BIOS settings glossary written by Intel, that applies to the motherboard you are using:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-020304.htm

You may refer to that and adjust memory related configuration if possible. However, if you’re not much familiar with BIOS, I don’t recommend you to do so.

I hope this issue can be fixed soon!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 6:42 AM