none
Exchange 2007 Resource Mailbox stopped forwarding emails to delegate RRS feed

• Question

• I set up a resource mailbox 3 months ago and all meetings must go through the delegate.  I have the mailbox set up to -automateprocessing autoaccept.  This worked flawlessy for three months.  I also have 4 other mailboxes set up and they are still working with no issues.  Now 1 mailbox no longer forwards the request to the delegate therefore i have meetings that are tentative and the delegate has not approved.  I have tried everything I can think of to make this start working again and it will not work.  I did the following:

1.  Compared the get-mailboxcalendar settings of the mailbox that works to the one that does not and they are the exact same.

2.  Restarted the Microsoft Exhcange Mailbox Assistants

3.  Moved the mailbox to another DB.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:35 AM

Answers

• I corrected this by doing hte following:

1.  Coverted room back to user.  When I first attempted this it said the password was not complex enough.  I made it meet teh complexity requirements and converting it back to a user was good.

2.  Coverted room from user back to room.

3.  Restarted Microsoft Exhcange Mailbox Assistants

After performing these steps, the emails started forwarding to the delegates again.

Friday, April 19, 2013 9:41 PM

All replies

• is there any error, check the message queue?

can you disconnect and re-connect the mailbox?

Where Technology Meets Talent

Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:38 AM
  • Message queue is empty.  I don't see any errors in the event log.  If you log into the resource mailbox, they are there to approve or deny.  I disconnected and reconnected after I saw your post and that did not help the issue.  It still is not sending the email to the delegate.
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:22 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the delegate's Junk folder and mailbox rule to see if the email message sent from the problematic resource mailbox was blocked.

Also verify the message tracking log to see if the approval message was actually sent to the delegate.

Hope it is helpful.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_LiaoModerator Monday, April 8, 2013 11:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by shaggy2002 Friday, April 19, 2013 9:38 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by shaggy2002 Friday, April 19, 2013 9:39 PM
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 4:22 AM
  • I corrected this by doing hte following:

1.  Coverted room back to user.  When I first attempted this it said the password was not complex enough.  I made it meet teh complexity requirements and converting it back to a user was good.

2.  Coverted room from user back to room.

3.  Restarted Microsoft Exhcange Mailbox Assistants

After performing these steps, the emails started forwarding to the delegates again.

Friday, April 19, 2013 9:41 PM