none
Windows 7 32bit. OS -- Blue Screen of Death RRS feed

• Question

• I have a E machines T 5082 Computer with 2 hard drives in it. The first drive is operated by Windows 7 32bit. (was Windows Vesta Home Premium until I switched it over to Windows 7). The other drive has Windows SP. My problem is that I have somehow received the DREADED BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH perhaps after an Windows update. I can not go to the Recovery section (last know configuration that worked). I have tried many suggestions from friends & internet troubleshooting guides & downloads but nothing works. My computer has been down for over 2 months now & I have been using my Laptop day & night of which is not good for a laptop. Please help me out & THANKS in advance.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For the BSOD issue, to find the cause, we need to analyze the dump file. Follow these steps to collect the minidump file.

1. CLick Start, input Sysdm.cpl in the search bar and press Enter.

2. Switch to the advanced tab and click Settings button under Startup and Recovery.

3. Under Write debugging information section, make sure the Small dump (128KB) option is selected.

4. Makw sure %SystemRoot%\Minidump is in the Small dump diretory open box and click OK.

If the BSOD appears again, please collect memory dump files:

1. Click Start, type %systemroot%\minidump in the search bar and press Enter.

2. Go to your desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named Dump.

3. Copy all the memory dump files in Minidump to t his folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click Send To, and click Compressed zipped Folder.

5. Please upload the ZIP file to us via SkyDrive in a public folder.

You may also analyze them with Debugging Tools by yourself. You can install it and it’s Symbol Packages from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/Devtools/Debugging/default.mspx

WinDbg will tell you the possible cause. For more information, please read Microsoft KB Article: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging.

If no clue can be found, you may contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, March 11, 2011 7:49 AM

All replies