none
FTP Error : Windows cannot acces folder ..... Details : Element not found

Question

• Hi All,

I'm just transferring to my new office that uses FTP as a means of storage for sensitive data. At first i can connect to ftp servers easily using windows explorer. But over time, when i'm about to connect to ftp server, the windows explorer replied

Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access this folder. Details: Element not found

I can access the ftp server using IE or another web browser, even using WINSCP and other ftp file transfer software. I need to be able to connect to ftp server using windows explorer again. Can any of you help?

The ftp.exe is not blocked in firewall rules (i've checked).

Any comments/helps are appreciated.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 5:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, make sure you have enable "Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer)" setting:

Internet options -> Advanced -> Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer)

And then try use mapping network drive:

1.Click on Computer.

2.Click on Map network drive from the menu.

3.Map Network Drive window will open. Now click on the link Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.

4.Now simply follow the step by step wizard to add a new network location. Select Choose a custom network location when given the choice of where to create this network connection.

5.Type your ftp address. Specify a user name and password if required.

6.Give your newly created network location.

Alternative, use the registry method that was marked as answer in the following thread to fix it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/this-ftp-site-cannot-be-viewed-in-windows-explorer/e699d41e-98ae-48c1-9231-d570d46c0f38

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 2, 2015 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

I'm just transferring to my new office that uses FTP as a means of storage for sensitive data. At first i can connect to ftp servers easily using windows explorer. But over time, when i'm about to connect to ftp server, the windows explorer replied

Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access this folder. Details: Element not found

I can access the ftp server using IE or another web browser, even using WINSCP and other ftp file transfer software. I need to be able to connect to ftp server using windows explorer again. Can any of you help?

The ftp.exe is not blocked in firewall rules (i've checked).

Any comments/helps are appreciated.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 5:11 AM
  • Hi,

Firstly, make sure you have enable "Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer)" setting:

Internet options -> Advanced -> Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer)

And then try use mapping network drive:

1.Click on Computer.

2.Click on Map network drive from the menu.

3.Map Network Drive window will open. Now click on the link Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.

4.Now simply follow the step by step wizard to add a new network location. Select Choose a custom network location when given the choice of where to create this network connection.

5.Type your ftp address. Specify a user name and password if required.

6.Give your newly created network location.

Alternative, use the registry method that was marked as answer in the following thread to fix it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/this-ftp-site-cannot-be-viewed-in-windows-explorer/e699d41e-98ae-48c1-9231-d570d46c0f38

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 2, 2015 7:05 AM
  • Hi Karen,

I already tried your suggestion before making this query, nonetheless i tried it again and it still not working. I starts wondering that the registry might have been corrupted.

I applied the answer from the link you gave me, but it seems that the issue still not resolved.

I'm out of my mind now, simply feeling helpless.

Ridwanbgw

• Proposed as answer by naser1988 Friday, April 14, 2017 1:50 AM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:29 AM
  • ravasasd

Friday, April 14, 2017 1:51 AM
  • شرکت روان تابلو وارد کننده قطعات تابلو روان ، تابلو ال ای دی و تابلو LED در ایران همچنین واردات قطعات تلویزیون شهری ، تابلو روان فول کالر ، تابلو ال ای دی رنگی و فروش و ساخت قاب تابلو روان میباشد. شرکت روان تابلو با 30 سال سابقه در صنعت تابلو سازی و تبلیغات محیطی فعال بوده و بهترین قیمت ها و با کیفیت ترین کارها را اجرا کرده است و همچنان ادامه میدهد. شرکت روان تابلو وارد کنندهه قطعات تابلو حروف برجسته ، تابلو چلنیوم ، حروف چلنیوم و فروش اس ام دی ، قیمت SMD ، فروشش چلنیوم خام ، ساخت حروف پلاستیک ، حروف ستاره ای ، حروف چلنیوم پانچ شده ، تابلو های مدرن و PVCC ، پاور تابلو روان ، ماژول تابلو روان ، ماژول تک رنگ ، ماژول فول کالر ، ماژول تلویزیون شهری ، ماژول قرمز ، ماژول سبز ، ماژول زرد ، ماژول آبی ، ماژول سفید ، ماژول P20 2RGB ، ماژول P10 ، ماژول RGB ، ماژول فول کالر ، ماژول 3IN1 ، ماژول P13 ، ماژول رنگی P13.3 ، برد کنترل ایرانی ، برد کنترل طیف دار ، برد کنترل چینی ، برد کنترل HD ، برد کنترل تلویزیون شهری ، برد کنترل فول کالر ، برد کنترل تک رنگ ، برد کنترل هفت رنگ ، برد کنترل انیمیشن دار ، نرم افزار تابلو روان ، نرم افزار تلویزیون شهری ، نرم افزار برد کنترل ایرانی ، کانفینگ تابلو روان ، کانفینگ ماژول قرمز ، کانفینگ ماژول P10 ، آموزش کانفینگ ، فروش آنلاین تابلو روان ، قیمت آنلاین تلویزیون شهری ، طراحی تابلو روان ، انیمیشن تابلو روان ، دانلود بک گراند تابلو ال ای دی ، LED ، فایل زمینه تابلو فول کالر ، تنظیمات برد کنترل تابلو روان .آماده همکاری با شما میباشد.

تماس با ما

Friday, April 14, 2017 1:52 AM
  • نیازپرداز بزرگترین مرجع درج آگهی در ایران . لطفا از سایت نیازپرداز دیدن فرمایید

Sunday, April 1, 2018 6:05 AM