Account not UC enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am in a Exchange 2013 environment with Skype for Business 2015 on-prem. I am also using Outlook 2016. If I map a shared mailbox (i.e. a mailbox that is actually configured as shared) to my Outlook as an additional Exchange mailbox and then try to setup a Skype for Business meeting I get the following error:

"You cannot schedule the Skype Meeting because you are not UC enabled or there may be configuration issues with your
    account. MAke sure ou are signed in to the same account you use for Microsoft Outlook...."

It is correct that the mailbox is not UC enabled as it is just a standard shared mailbox but my users would like to set up Skype for Business against it. Is there are way to do this?

At the moment, if I log into Outlook Web Access and open this shared mailbox in a separate window I am able to create an Skype Meeting without issues. So I am not sure why it works in OWA like that but not on Outlook. Also I have full rights to this as well. 

The other "workaround" we have is to create a skype meeting on my own calendar and then copy the meeting link over to the one on the shared mailbox. It's a clunky method and not ideal.

Most of the issues I found around this are to do with Office 365 but in my case both Exchange and Skype are on-prem installations.

Any suggestions appreciated.  

Friday, September 18, 2020 1:58 PM