Issues with copy/paste inside a custom table with check boxes and drop down menus RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on a Windows 7 machine using Office 2010 Professional. I am trying to convince everyone here at the office that Sharepoint is a good program overall. I had issues using an excel doc and multiple users within my workspace I created. I read somewhere that creating a list was the way to go. It will update in real time and allow multiple to edit and save items on the list. 

I have been trying to design the perfect form for this, and I got it to look similar to our excel sheet, and I found a couple of very nice things. I can make it better than the excel with these features.

So I created a 10x8 custom table and added some "Yes," "No" check boxes to it and some drop down menus. I tried to be clever and copy the drop down and paste down a whole column. When I do that upon previewing it if I select the drop down item I want it will change ALL of the drop down items to the same thing. It is the same with my check boxes and my date fields. Is there an easy way to copy/paste multiple drop down lists, date fields, and check boxes? I have a tried a couple of things, but so far I have to change the binding and create a list for each one. I have about 200 boxes to populate :(. That would take A LOT of time to do that.

I will try to post a pic also, so you get an idea as to what I need to do.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Thank you in advance for any help

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:04 PM

All replies

• Here is another screen shot.

This shows my fields too. I added a couple of different bindings to see if that would help, and it does, but I don't want to do that for every date picket, checkbox, and drop down over and over. It feels like I am missing a small step. I don't see why I would not be able to just copy/paste a drop down and be done?

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:57 PM