none
Event 2077 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

After I upgrade Project Server 2010 to SP1, my Application Log is filled with this:

Event 2077 (Project Server) of severity 'Error' occurred 140 more time(s) and was suppressed in the event log

How to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Eternal Snow
    Friday, July 1, 2011 2:42 AM

All replies

• HI There,

Could you plese eloborate... Where did it fail ? or did it not, it's just giving errors ? I would suggest you look at the Upgrade.log which you could find in the log directory of the 14 Hive for clues, or the ULS logs if it seemed like the config wizard was sucsessful.

You also dont mention if its affected the server ? Can you or can you not work on teh Server ?

For future reference look at this post when wanting to log a call : http://av-epm.blogspot.com/2011/06/project-server-call-logging-101.html

Andre

http://av-epm.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 1, 2011 6:02 AM
  • Hi Andre,

Sorry for late response.

I just see this error log every 5 minutes in my Windows Logs - Application.

I'm just an administrator, not a project manager. I have no skills to use project server, but haven't received any support request. So it seems that project server running fine.

Maybe something goes wrong with TFS/ProSrv Integration.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:15 AM
  • Hi There ,

We have something similar in a clients environment where there is TFS Integration but the error is 2066 if i remember correctly? But they saying goes Ïf it aint Broken - dont fix it! Are you actively using TFS ? If not perhaps try uninstalling the integration pack from the WFE / APP server and see if it works then ?

Andre

http://av-epm.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:56 AM
  • This TFS server is using for configuration management. I have no way to uninstall it. I just add a separated project collections to test the Project Server Integration.

It seems that ignoring is the only option.

Eternal Snow
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please post the exact error, not the supression event? Without the exact error, we are just going to be guessing at the problem

thanks,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:54 AM
  • I have posted the exact error.

The only thing in this event is:

Event 2077 (Project Server) of severity 'Error' occurred 84 more time(s) and was suppressed in the event log.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-SharePoint Products-Project Server" Guid="{B2178104-1B5B-4C20-8C8F-960678CED9E5}" /> 

<EventID>2159</EventID> 

<Version>14</Version> 

<Level>2</Level> 

<Task>37</Task> 

<Opcode>0</Opcode> 

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords> 

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-07-06T08:04:28.025069200Z" /> 

<EventRecordID>36885</EventRecordID> 

<Correlation /> 

<Execution ProcessID="4204" ThreadID="6524" /> 

<Channel>Application</Channel> 

<Computer>test.mydomain.local</Computer> 

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-568170557-2811786938-277114995-1800" /> 

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="int0">2077</Data> 

<Data Name="string1">Project Server</Data> 

<Data Name="int2">84</Data> 

</EventData>

</Event>

Eternal Snow
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:57 AM
  • OK. I found a problem.

When someone create a item in Visual Studio (TFS), the item will be created in PS automatically;

When someone create a item in PS with the right setting (Publish to Team: Yes), the item will NOT be created in TFS automatically.

How to fix it?

Thanks.

Eternal Snow
    Friday, July 8, 2011 9:09 AM