Awkward System Default Reset RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a seriously annoying problem setting some of the programs/applications defaults, upon updating my WIN10 a few months ago, I've tried it hundred times on the "Default apps" page, and also contacted an assistant previously, but alas, it was all of no avail, and the system oddly roles back, It happens every single day when I'm trying to use, Adobe Acrobat for pdf files, Picasa as a photo viewer, Google Chrome as the web browser, and so on... Why Microsoft is just forcing us to use only and only the MS apps, and nothing else, I've made a search and found out that lots of people are suffering this annoying "BUG" and still no response from MS.

To be mentioned upon rolling back from Adobe Acrobat that opens almost instantly, dealing with the default app is a nightmare and I have to wait and wait ... It's a lack of respect, It's ridiculous.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi arc_mass,

Thank you for your post.

I find some people met the issue. As far as I know, it could be caused by metro apps.

Based on my search, you could try to check the link below about prevent Windows 10 from resetting your default apps.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/windows-10-resetting-file-associations/

Also I suggest that you could try the built-in "Feedback" tool to submit the issue on your side.

Meanwhile, I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:16 AM